In this section of the site, we are proud to provide exclusive 3ds Max learning materials to our registered members. This page displays samples of the latest members-only content. Join the guild to access this section.
These notes accompany the video series 3ds Max Modeling: Restaurant Chair.
Model a chair from a photograph
Use Shape tools such as Rectangle, Arc, and Editable Spline
Convert 2D Shapes to 3D models with Extrude and Sweep modifiers
Understand level of detail for polygon mesh objects
Adjust forms with Parametric Deformer modifiers such as Taper and Bend
Understand reference coordinate systems and transform centers
Clean up the model with Editable Poly
Use the Mirror tool
Create a Loft Compound Object
Apply simple materials and maps
Finish the model with Attach, Auto Smooth and Group
- Scene setup
- File > Set Project Folder
- Customize > Units Setup > Display Units Setup
- Change to Fractional Inches (or whatever)
- Do not change the System Unit Setup
- Right-click on any magnet icon
- In Home Grid tab
- Grid Spacing: 1”
- Major Lines Every Nth Grid Line: 12
- Perspective View Grid Extent: 24
Register to read more...